SHANGHAI & SAN JOSE, Calif. (February 20, 2019) – NIO Inc. (“NIO” or the “Company”) (NYSE: NIO), a pioneer in China’s premium electric vehicle market, has been named #5 in Fast Company’s prestigious annual list of the Most Innovative Companies in China for 2019.
The list honors the businesses making the most profound impact on both industry and culture, showcasing a variety of ways to thrive in today’s volatile world. Half of the companies on this year’s Most Innovative Company 50 list are appearing for the first time.
“We are focused on shaping a better lifestyle for our users through thoughtful design, innovative services, and cutting-edge technology. We are honored to be included in this year’s list,” said NIO Founder, Chairman and CEO, William Li.
NIO’s most notable 2018 innovative achievements include:
- March 1, 2018: NIO Issued First Shanghai Intelligent Connected Vehicle Test Permit
- April 9, 2018: NIO Wins the 2018 Red Dot Design Award’s Top Accolade
- April 26, 2018: NIO Issued Beijing Intelligent Connected Vehicle Test Permit
- June 28, 2018: NIO ES8 deliveries began in China
- July 17, 2018: NIO EP9 sets “Fastest electric production car” record at Goodwood’s Festival of Speed with a lap time of 44.32 seconds
- September 12, 2018: NIO Inc. announces New York Stock Exchange initial public offering
- September 24, 2018: NIO ES8 sets Guinness World Record for “Highest altitude achieved in an electric car” at the height of 5,715.28 meters
- October 20, 2018: 12 NIO Houses available throughout 10 cities in China
- November 15, 2018: 18 battery swap service stations available along the G4 Expressway in China
- December 15, 2018: NIO ES6 5-seater SUV product launch at NIO Day 2018
- December 31, 2018: 11,348 ES8 deliveries in 2018 (3,318 in December alone)
This year, Fast Company’s editors and writers sought out groundbreaking businesses across 35 industries and every region. They also judged nominations received through their application process.
The World’s Most Innovative Companies is Fast Company’s signature franchise and one of its most highly anticipated editorial efforts of the year. It provides both a snapshot and a road map for the future of innovation across the most dynamic sectors of the economy.
“Established players are showing the same kind of nimbleness that we’ve generally associated with startups,” said Fast Company deputy editor David Lidsky, who oversaw the issue with senior editor Amy Farley.
Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies issue (March-April 2019) is now available online at https://www.fastcompany.com/most-innovative-companies/2019/sectors/china.